Past Projects and Ideas to Share

January 4, 2011

A New Year ... A New Blog!

So here goes the new world of blogging!!

I am closing my main website TheCraftCabinOnline in March. Everything will be
moved to this new blog as well as my Etsy shop Thecraftcabin.etsy.com.

I hope to bring some fun ideas to share and gather new friendships as well as keeping my followers.

A little about me...
I am a wife to the most amazing husband of what will
be 30 years in August this year. We have 3 boys, ages 20, 17 and 16. They are our Pride and Joy!

We live on a small ranch in Fort Collins, CO. So besides the boys, I am "Meadow Mom" to 100 head of cattle.
Spring is a very happenin' place here with all the new babies being born. Pictures to come!!!!

We start calving in 21 days. We have one retired horse, 2 barn cats, and a border collie dog named Bandit.

My spare time is spent "In Therapy".....Painting and Crafting Therapy! I love to paint and turn pi
eces of what my husband refers to as "junk" into home decor. I enjoy going on "the hunt" to local flea markets and antique stores, garage sales and estate sales. A very good friend of mine showed me how to paint and let me borrow her scroll saw for a weekend. I was hooked. I started doing shows with her in 1997 and have been painting ever since. Our paths took us in different directions and I ventured out on my own. After having back surgery, It was difficult for me to do the shows, hauling all the heavy stuff around, so my husband and
I decided since I had gathered a "following" of people, that we would let them come to me. The Craft Cabin was born. A little building we had made and set up at the house.
I have my stuff set up year round with all seasons and people are welcome by appointment. I returned to doing the shows after a year off. My dream is to someday have my own store.......maybe once all the boys move on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Doris! It was so great to talk with you at the Christmas party and I was happy to find your blog! I would love to come out and visit the cabin sometime, maybe after the holidays!
    I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!
    Libby Larson (Brian's wife :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...